Genuine quartz stone does not require major and routine maintenance, such as applying sealant and repolishing.
It is easy to take care of; most of the time, you can just clean it with water and a soft cloth.
This care & maintenance also apply to sintered stone.
Things You Should Beware On Maintenance of The Quartz Stone Countertop
- Do not leave any organic or inorganic material attached to the stone surface for an extended period. Kindly clean it within 48 hours.
- Do not leave all kinds of colouring gel or liquid such as tomato sauce, chilli sauce, soy sauce, cigar, cider, turmeric, beetroot, wine and other similar direct contacts on the stone surface for more than 24 hours.
How To Clean Quartz Stone Countertops?
Most of the time, you just need to clean the quartz stone countertop with a soft cloth and water.
If the residue or food colouring is hard to clean.
You could use CIF Cleaning Cream.
- Apply CIF Cleansing Cream on the residue spot
- Rub gently in a circular direction with a soft cloth
- Wash the cloth with water
- Wipe the spot again to clean the cream
- Repeat it if needed
Cleaning The Dried Food
If there is a portion of food stuck on the surface and dried,
- Apply water to the dried food and let it soaked
- After 2 min, use a soft wet cloth to clean it
- Repeat this step if necessary
- Alternatively, you could use a plastic scraper to scrap it off.
This is not compulsory if you want to keep the quartz stone countertops shining at all times.
You could apply a pledge to keep the countertop beautiful.
Do Not Clean The Quartz Stone Countertop With The Following Tools
- Do not use a textured type cleaning pad to clean the surface. Rubbing too hard might leave minor scratches on the surface. You will see it more evident under reflective light.
- Do not use hard cleaning tools such as aluminium cleaning pad, steel ball or similar products with sharp shapes to rub the surface. Quartz stone product does not need this type of cleaning tool to clean.
- Please avoid using chemical foam, acidic detergent, acid or similar chemical products to clean the surface. If accidentally contact with said items, kindly wipe them immediately. Quartz stone products do not need this type of cleaning tool to clean them.
Hot Pot & Cooking Ware
Please avoid hot item to direct contact on the surface.
Please do not put a hot pot on the surface directly, especially after cooking or in the baking container from the oven. Highly recommend you to use “Mat Product” to avoid the possibility of causing colour dimming on the surface.
You wouldn’t know when the temperature will exceed the limit.
Work on Top
- We do not recommend slicing, cutting or chopping food directly on the quartz stone surface. Always use a cutting board because we might damage the surface with force. And it’s slippery to slice the food.
- Do not do renovation work on the quartz stone countertop after installation. You wouldn’t know when contractor tools, especially sharp ones, fall and hit the surface.
- If the work is necessary, you should advise your contractor to wrap the quartz stone countertop with plywood on top to protect the surface from any accident.